[mythtv-users] DViCO Fusion HDTV5 Lite Analog Audio Problem

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 10 16:22:23 UTC 2006

> Anybody have analog sound working with the Fusion Lite card? I have the
> digital side working on a channel and sound plays fine to a frontend
> when tuned on the digital channel. But have not been successful getting
> the analog side to output any sound. Using .20-fixes (latest update) on
> kernel 2.6.18-1.2200.fc5. The input source for this is from cable. This
> card is actually running in a slave backend but I don't see where that
> would be a factor.

<snip>

> If anybody has further insight into this or has some other setting
> they're using it would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bruce

Although I own a FusionHDTV5 Lite, I don't have it in my backend anymore,
and I never used it for analog TV.  Thus, what I'm saying may not even be
correct.

The card uses a BT878A for the analog side, and those type of cards
(generically called "software capture cards") require a connection to a
sound card.  There should have been a cable that came with the card that
allowed it to connect to an AUX in on a sound card (or motherboard's
onboard sound).

You'll need to connect that and configure it (but again, as I didn't use
the card for analog, I can't really help you there).  You might require a
second sound card for this (but I'm not sure, please see the MythTV
documentation).

The digital portion will work fine without the cable connected because the
digital portion just receives an MPEG-2 stream with the sound already in
it, similar to the way the Hauppauge PVR-x50 cards do.

-- Joe

Signup at www.doteasy.com