[mythtv-users] Lirc and laptop IR ports

Michael Lynch lynchmv at gmail.com
Sat Nov 11 03:19:15 UTC 2006

> Even for capturing an IrDA port is unlikely to be able to properly receive
> CIR (consumer IR) signals reliably.  Even if you could get it to work, it
> would likely only operate at very specific distances, with rather limited
> range (see the aforementioned page for details).
>
> Brett.

With that being said, I have used irrecord with the irda port on my
T43 in the aforementioned setup to capture 4 different remotes in my
house.  Comparing the captured files to the ones available via the web
it is properly capturing the signals.  The remotes I'm capturing are
various ones that have come with my devices over the years and also my
grey hauppauge remote that came with the pvr-350.