[mythtv-users] Problem running pdatranscode

malcolm torrent malcolm.torrent at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 12:49:58 UTC 2006

RESOLVED:
this issues was entirely caused by permissions problems in my
/video/recordings/pda directory. The /video/recordings/ directory is
owned by root:videousers where the group 'videousers' also have write
permission.
I had created the necessary /pda subdirectory using my main login [who
is also a member of videousers]. However that users primary group is
not 'videouser' so the new directory was not write accessable to group
'videouser' including user mythtv!
a noob error i know, but I've learnt my lesson.
Mal.