[mythtv-users] Gentoo / MythTV question

Robin Hill myth at robinhill.me.uk
Sun Nov 12 14:26:13 UTC 2006

On Sun Nov 12, 2006 at 08:32:40AM -0500, Phil Bridges wrote:

> 'm doing an upgrade to a new MythBox, and I figured I'd try Gentoo on
> the machine.  Unfortunately, everytime I go to emerge MythTV, it wants
> to fetch the 0.19 version.  Does anyone have any pointers as to how to
> get the 0.20 version?

The MythTV packages are still marked as unstable, so you'll need to
override this.  Create /etc/portage/packages/keywords/mythtv (if you
already have a file /etc/portage/packages/keywords then you can use that
instead - it's a bit cleaner if you separate them by usage though) and
add the following lines:

<media-tv/mythtv-0.21
<x11-themes/mythtv-themes-0.21
<media-plugins/mytharchive-0.21
<media-plugins/mythbrowser-0.21
<media-plugins/mythcontrols-0.21
<media-plugins/mythdvd-0.21
<media-plugins/mythflix-0.21
<media-plugins/mythgallery-0.21
<media-plugins/mythgame-0.21
<media-plugins/mythmusic-0.21
<media-plugins/mythnews-0.21
<media-plugins/mythphone-0.21
<media-plugins/mythvideo-0.21
<media-plugins/mythweather-0.21
<www-apps/mythweb-0.21

This'll enable any version of MythTV (and plugins) less than 0.21.  This
should include any versions based on 0.20-fixes SVN but exclude anything
from SVN head (which should go in as 0.21_pre).

You may need to add other applications to this list, if they're
dependencies for MythTV.  In this case, add them with specific versions
(e.g. =media-libs/libdts-0.0.2-r5) as you'll probably want to stick to
stable versions where possible.

HTH,
        Robin
--