[mythtv-users] Multiple TV Setup?

Nedim Cholich nedim at cholich.com
Sun Nov 12 18:40:35 UTC 2006

On 11/12/06, Brian Empson <brian_empson at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Recently I had the idea for a multiple tuner card, multiple tv set up,
> that way there would be one central dvr for everyone who wants to use it (2
> or 3 people).  The object was to have the tv's be able to all tune/record
> their own channels at once.  I'd just run a remote control cable to each tv
> to take care of the remote problem.  Assuming I have a computer that can
> handle all the load and hardware space, is this even possible?

> Check out the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta<http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=43257/*http://advision.webevents.yahoo.com/mailbeta>- Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.

Judging by your "remote cable" idea, you mean also running tv out cable
through splitter to each tv? If that's the case you're not gonna be able to
see different shows on different tvs at the same time. Not such a good idea.

Better setup would be having some kind of frontend hooked up to each tv
connecting to the backend. Most people with multi-room setup do this.
Frontends can be anything from Hauppage's MVP to old Xbox to full blown
Linux box.

Check this list's archives and mythtv wiki for ideas.