[mythtv-users] Internal player: chipmunking?

Nedim Cholich mythtv at cholich.com
Sun Nov 12 19:11:36 UTC 2006

On 11/11/06, Drew Bernat <abernat at zathras.net> wrote:

> In other news... does anyone have a working ALSA setup for the MSI NForce
> 4 box (MSI K8NGM2-FID) that I could use?

I have this same board as a frontend. I use default ALSA install, no
.asoundrc in the home dir.

In myth I have ALSA:default as the device and 'default' as mixer device, PCM
as mixer control and 'myth controls volume' checked. I have the spdif out
connected to my receiver. Also make sure that IEC958 is _unmuted_ (in
alsamixer). Everything else should be muted.

This all works like a charm, including volume control. Let me know if you
need specific details.