[mythtv-users] Mythmusic segfault ripping one particular CD

Richard Holgate rlholgate at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 19:17:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

Trying to rip a particular CD with mythmusic - its "Play" by "Moby" (which I
legally own) - but as soon as I hit "Import CD" the frontend crashes. In the
log I see this:

*** glibc detected *** /usr/bin/mythfrontend: free(): invalid next size
(normal): 0x0907fa40 ***
======= Backtrace: =========
/lib/libc.so.6[0xb5e781a2]
/lib/libc.so.6(__libc_free+0x82)[0xb5e797e2]
/usr/lib/libcdaudio.so.1(cddb_read_disc_data+0x31d)[0xb31f736d]
======= Memory map: ========

I have no trouble importing any other CD than this one. FWIW I had mythmusic
installed around version 0.17, and imported this CD at that time. However I
subsequently unmerged mythmusic for a few releases, bringing it back in
version 0.20. When I first had this problem I checked in my DB and did find
a couple of database tables that had references to "Play" by "Moby", so
figured this could be the problem and deleted the records. But no joy - this
one CD remains un-import-able! Wondering if something inconsistent could
still be lurking in my db, leading to the free() error noted above?

Or is myth making a some sort of comment on my musical tastes here? ;-)

Any help appretiated!

Richard