[mythtv-users] Puzzled by seektables.

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun Nov 12 20:48:05 UTC 2006

On 11/12/2006 06:04 AM, Davide Chiarini wrote:
> I followed the docs on moving myth to new hardware (backing up only
> the tables record, recorded, oldrecorded, oldmarkup). I dropped my
> database, started mythtv as if it were a new installation and finally
> re-imported the old recordings.
> then I did the mythcommflag -f filename --rebuild on a couple of
> files, tried to edit them, and still got the 'no seektables' message.
> By the way, this time the tables looked correct (eg thousands of
> records in recordedseek, only a few in recordedmarkup).

At this point, it's sounding like you may be having database access
issues.  Are you sure both the frontend and the backend are using the
same database?  I've heard of people having a local MySQL running on a
remote frontend as well as the backend.  In that situation, unless you
configure Myth correctly, first, it will configure itself to look at the
local MySQL, so you'd end up with two databases.

If that's not the case, perhaps it has to do with the hostname.  Perhaps
you're running a combined frontend/backend with different users running
frontend and backend and the two users have different mysql.txt files
(in ~/.mythtv/, I think).

If not, I'm out of ideas.

> At this time I'm even more puzzled.
> Could it be something to do with the message:
> Parser not found for Codec Id: 94211 !
> ?

No.  That should be harmless.

> or maybe something peculiar about my tv-cards?
> I've tried on different files from different channels from two different cards.

Probably not.  Most likely something in your configuration.

Mike