[mythtv-users] New Dvico card

Ben Rigby benrigby at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 23:25:30 UTC 2006

On 11/11/06, Chris Nicholls <chris at czar.cc> wrote:
> I'm stumpped!!
>
> I've just installed a new Dvico plus DTV card.
>
> dmesg seems to be correct.
>
> Thanks Chris

Hi Chris,

I added a Dvico plus card to my system a little while back and found
out that they'd released a new spec of the card (without a change of
model number). The card was recognised but wasn't working for me until
a fairly recent kernel. I think building the video4linux drivers that
included the updates for the new spec card would also have worked for
me.

Anyway, that may or may not be related to your problem, but it at
least gives you something to look at. If your system is detecting the
whole revision of the card, it might explain your problems.

Ben