[mythtv-users] Video card recommendations?

Jared Davis jared at cs.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 13 06:29:24 UTC 2006

Hi,

I have a PVR-350 and haven't had much success in getting the X driver to work,
so I haven't been able to play video files on the television.  I think I heard
in a previous post that the MythTV developers aren't intending to support the
PVR-350's tv-out for long, so I guess I am in the market for a new video card
that can handle the s-video output.  Ideally, I would like to get:

   - A relatively cheap card (I don't play 3d games, but it should be fast
     enough to run MythTV on the television while I work in emacs on my
     monitor.)

   - A PCI Express card (it's my only free slot) with a DVI connection to the
     monitor and an S-video connection to the television

   - A card that works well with X-windows and makes it relatively easy to set
     up the dual headed display between the monitor and the tv.

Do you have any recommendations as to what might be a good card for me?

Thanks!

    Jared

--
Jared Davis <jared at cs.utexas.edu>