[mythtv-users] nVidia S-Video and NTSC 4:3 TV

Jake Thompson jake at jakethompson.com
Mon Nov 13 14:33:26 UTC 2006

Hi All,
I have been running myth for quite a while and I was using a Via MII10000
board and the open chrome driver.  However, I have HDed my mythbox and have
a nice new nVidia 7300 in a new 64 bit system.

Anyway, my question, I am not getting the new HD TV for another month and
would like to use this on my old 27" NTSC Glass Tube TV.  I have it
connected via SVideo and nVidia does a good job of guessing the right
resolution and refresh, but it is not exactly right.

Does anyone have this type of setup and have any recommendations what I
should do?

I have tried to force 640x480 and 720x480 but both seem to try to be forcing
a 16:9 ratio.  Is this just a problem of getting overscanning correctly
setup and if so, where is the appropriate place to setup overscanning?

Thanks for any help.

-Jake