[mythtv-users] MediaMVP and Myth

Trampas tstern at nc.rr.com
Mon Nov 13 15:29:08 UTC 2006

After a few days I figured out that with out using the Myth box as DHCP you
can get into problems with the MediaMVP booting. Specifically the BOOTP
protocol is implemented with the DHCP, thus if you have another box doing
DHCP the mediaMVP will get IP address from DHCP sever and since it does not
have a boot image it will then send a bootp request on port 16867, thus you
have to implement a bootp server on the myth box which listens on port
16867. I have not figured out how to implement the bootp server quite yet,
but did find some C code where others have written their own custom solution
for this problem.

Trampas