[mythtv-users] CableCard???

Kevin Kuphal kuphal at dls.net
Mon Nov 13 19:57:16 UTC 2006

Viitasaari wrote:
> I am not sure how this could make Myth dead in the water?
>
> I mean if you pay for a feed and pump it into a Myth box your all set.
>
> I don't see this changing any time soon.

But much like Digital cable or satellite service that requires use of a
company provided box, it makes recording the native resolution and
quality of such signals impossible.  Myth can only capture from those
devices via analog capture or firewire and then only what they company
provides on the firewire port.

If all non-OTA signals were delivered via CableCard, alot of good
content would be sub-optimally viewed and recorded with Myth...

Kevin