[mythtv-users] CableCard???

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Mon Nov 13 20:45:35 UTC 2006

On 11/13/2006 02:53 PM, Adrian Allan wrote:
> On 11/13/06, Greg Ferreri <gferreri at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I can't subscribe to any encrypted HDTV channels and expect to be able to
>> watch them through my Myth box.
>>
> I hooked up the S-Video output of the cable box
> to my PVR-350 ... when I discovered that I was getting a pretty decent picture
> when recording from an HD channel.
And, given time, as technology matures and the price of HDTV-sized-video
encoders drop, we'll be able to capture via component after the cable
box decodes the signal.  True, you'll have some generational loss, but
it will be much better than the "NTSC" loss we get now.

Of course, this assumes that the lobbyists don't succeed in buying
support for their plan to close the "analog hole."

Mike