[mythtv-users] CableCard???

Viitasaari public at viitasaari.ca
Mon Nov 13 21:23:11 UTC 2006

Lets say that the service providers succeed in providing an end-to-end
encryption scheme and the hardware vendors succeed in providing hardware
to everyone who uses the service providers schemes.

Now the question remains that if I payed for all my services and
purchased all the proper hardware would that not give me the right to
decrypt my system?

This raises the question of whether it is illegal to attempt to break
encryption schemes when you are paying to have it delivered and you are
paying for the hardware to display it.

I think the only way this would stand up in court is if the service
providers and the hardware vendors can prove that their content is
private in nature.

A/V streams from service providers is public in nature!

Hedgehog