[mythtv-users] CableCard???

Fedor Pikus fpikus at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 23:01:02 UTC 2006

On 11/13/06, Viitasaari <public at viitasaari.ca> wrote:
> Hmmmm....so strange.
>
> One would think that $100/month would keep a service provider happy.

Not that provider. CableCo by  itself probably could not care less,
but the content providers seem to have everybody by the balls, and
they would not be happy if you paid them $100/month (and you don't,
CableCo pays them a share of it for programming but not all of it).
Now, you you paid them everything you have except $100/month, then may
be they would be happy. But probably not, that last $100 would keep
them awake at night until they figure out a way to get it.

Fedor G Pikus (fpikus at gmail.com)
http://www.pikus.net
http://wild-light.com