[mythtv-users] Cheapest Silent HDTV Myth Frontened

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 15:49:35 UTC 2006

On 11/14/06, Trampas <tstern at nc.rr.com> wrote:

> MediaMVP is silent
>
> Trampas

MediaMVP is not an HDTV frontend which OP wants.

I've been successfully using IOData AveL LinkPlayer2 (LP2) as my HDTV
frontend for over 1 1/2 yr. LP2 has some quirks based on the firmware
version its running. It streams the HD recorded shows from my myth backend
using wizd (uPNP server). I'm still running 0.18-1 myth so not using the new
uPnP server facility builtin the myth. Also myth uPnP doesn't have liveTV
support yet, so I dont really have to switch to 0.20. Once liveTV support is
added in uPnP, I'll switch to latest myth. Though, right now, I've hacked
the wizd server source code to show liveTV, change channels, etc on the LP2,
but I dont really see much liveTV at the moment.