[mythtv-users] nuvexport ridiculously slow

Jeff Simpson jeffsimpson at alum.wpi.edu
Tue Nov 14 19:16:44 UTC 2006

> Try running it without the noise reduction. I can't see any real
> improvement in quality with noise reduction, and a significant
> improvement in speed without it.

Without the noise reduction, I'm now seeing about 14fps. I have no way
of knowing if that is reasonable, since I never swayed from the
default options back when I was getting the same speed with the noise
reduction on. Is 14fps reasonable for an athlon 3200XP with a gig and
a half of ram? Obviously there are a lot of factors there, but I just
want to see if I'm in the right ballpark now, since I still get <3fps
with the noise filtering on.

looks like yuvdenoise is in the mpjpegtools ebuild. I'm going to try
rebuilding that a few ways to see if i can get any improvement.

 - jeff