[mythtv-users] PCI Risers on Dell Optiplex PC's. OK for 2 DVB cards?

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 11:45:57 UTC 2006

Hi,

My BE is giving me the shits and it was only meant to be a prototype
when I bought it over 2 years ago so I am looking to replace it with a
couple of BE machine to improve reliability and decrease power
usage[1].

I like the size of the Optiplex Small-Desktop-Computer sized machines
http://docs.us.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/opgx270/en/ug/sffabout.htm#1184855,
but they use a single PCI slot with a riser to provide 2 PCI slots.
Does anyone use one of these boxes with 2 capture cards[2]
successfully or know if it otherwise works?

Also, it has 2 IDE channels but I can't tell if I would get away with
putting 2 HDDs in there.  I might have to put it in place of the
floppy drive.  Anyone know if this is possible?

Cheers,
Whytey

[1] - Running 3 HDDs and 3xDVB-T tuners on a 400W supply is making it
a little unstable (I think).
[2] - I would be re-using my AverMedia DVB-T 771's, which are HD
capable I believe but I would be sticking with SD.