[mythtv-users] OT: Type of HDTV

Steven Adeff adeffs.mythtv at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 14:17:42 UTC 2006

On 11/15/06, Andrew Close <aclose at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/15/06, MacNean Tyrrell <dardack at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I've been searching for a good discussion/website on the pro's and con's of
> > LCD, DLP, LCD Projection, and Plasma.  I haven't had much success.  I was
> > wondering what the mythtv community used, believed was the best TV, and if i
> > missed this discussion already, I apologize.
>
> one site you may want to check out is: http://www.avsforum.com/
> they deal with all types of home theatre equipment and have forums for
> discussions...
>
> http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Really, each have their own advantages and disadvantages, and the
right TV for you may not be the right TV for me, etc.

Basically it comes down to:
Plasma - Expensive, bright, excellent color, wide viewing angle (to
the point of useless)
LCD - Not as pricey as plasma, bright, decent color, wide viewing
angle (to the point of useless)
Rear Proj. - Cheap, large screens. Color, brightness, viewing angle,
etc. vary widely depending on the model and exact technology being
used. These have traditionally been the most "trouble" but newer
models are much better. Definitely purchase an extended warranty with
these as they usually include at least one bulb replacement as well as
covering any defects, etc.

now go to avsforum and read/post.

--
Steve