[mythtv-users] mythtv very confused about length of recording

Marco Nelissen marcone at xs4all.nl
Wed Nov 15 16:57:17 UTC 2006

>On 11/14/06, Justin Hornsby <justin.hornsby at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 15/11/06, Marco Nelissen <marcone at xs4all.nl> wrote:
>> > I have this recording that is about an hour long, however mythtv thinks
>> > it's 2 minutes and 31 seconds. As a result, skipping forward and backward
>> > is... interesting.
>> > I tried rebuilding the seektable with mythcommflag, but it had no effect.
>> > How can I convince mythtv that this recording is in fact 1 hour long?
>>
>> Is your machine set to use the right timezone?
>
>Or if you are using separate fe and be, are their times in sync?

This is a combined FE/BE, and the timezone is set correctly. Why would
a wrong timezone even make mythtv confused about the duration of this
recording? I can see how it would cause recordings to happen at the
wrong time, but why would it make mythtv think that this 1-hour recording
is a 2-and-a-half minute recording?