[mythtv-users] mythtv very confused about length of recording

Richard Holgate rlholgate at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 20:04:41 UTC 2006

Check your database, you may have corrupted tables and/or indexes on tables.
Alternatively your database partition may be full (preventing writes), which
amounts to the same problem. I have experienced problems like this after
mysql got itself messed up due to partition full or machine crash, In my
case the db was suffering from inability to write metadata for recordings,
which is why the time data was all off.

Below are the notes I wrote for myself for repairing a broken database.
Check them before using yourself, and of course your mileage may vary :-)
There is much documentation on myisamchk at the mysql website.

If this is your problem, then after repairing tables the recordings with
messed up time info will still have messed up time info, but at least new
recordings will get correct time info.

Recovery of MYSQL after /var/ filled up.

1) Make sure mysql is shut down.

2) Clear some space on /var - i.e. resolve the issue.

3) Run 'myisamchk *.MYI' to see if tables are corrupted. Databases are in
subdir
ectories under /var/lib/mysql. Remember to check/repair ALL databases, not
just
'mythconverg' or 'mysql'. Use --silent to just see errors and not have loads
of
debug output.

4) Run 'myisamchk --recover *.MYI' to repair tables and rebuild indexes. Can
take a binary copy of the tables first if desired.

5) Check tables again as per step 3, using --silent. Hope to see no
messages.

6) If all well, restart mysql.