[mythtv-users] OT - Quiet Case and Fan options for Commell LV-667T

Eric Gilbert eric.gilbert at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 21:18:35 UTC 2006

On 11/13/06, Chad <masterclc at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 11/13/06, Eric Gilbert <eric.gilbert at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hopefully I'm not the only one that has run into this.
> >
> > My cpu fan on my frontend decided to give up the ghost and I need to
> > replace it. Which then got me to thinking I also want to move it from
> > the closet to under the tv in the living room so I can be lazier and
> > not walk as far but only if I can find a quiet low profile case.
> >
> > I've seen the Tranquil T2e Fanless Mini-ITX Chassis Kit at
> > mini-itx.com (http://mini-itx.com/store/?c=28) but it looks like I
> > won't be able to take advantage of the cpu heatsink since the layout
> > of the LV-667T has the power connector right where the heatsink is.
> >
> > Does anyone else with the Commell LV-667T have suggestions for a quiet
> > (potentially fanless) low profile case?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Eric
>
> I stuck mine in a micro case instead of mini ITX mainly because I just
> had it laying around.  But so far, it's been fairly quiet.  The one
> drawback is that it uses half height PCIs instead of a riser card, so
> if you can't use that, then don't use this case ;)
>
> Anyway, it's the Antec Minuet.
>
> -Chad

Thanks Chad. Is this case designed to be quiet or does it just happen
to be quiet based on what you have in it?

Do you have the stock cpu fan still or did you replace it?

I could have sworn there was more people on this list with this board.
 I guess I'll have to ask on the openChome list then too.

-Eric