[mythtv-users] Feature request: More choices when specifying recording input

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Wed Nov 15 23:07:18 UTC 2006

Bruce Markey <bjm at lvcm.com> says:
> Great. It never crossed my mind that this needed to be added
> for mythweb (doh).

Bruce, while you're taking requests, how about a way to specify
multiple preferred inputs and/or specify inputs to *not* use? In my
case, I have three, two FireWire and one ATSC. The two FireWire inputs
are exactly identical, including their priority settings, so in my
case if I wanted a recording to only use a particular input it'd be
either "just FireWire," or "not ATSC," or something like that.

Hmm. What I just wrote gave me an idea. What about leveraging the
input-priority setting? Something like "use only inputs marked with a
setting of xx or [more/less]." That'd be an easy way for me to
differentiate between my two types of inputs using data I've already
put into the system.