[mythtv-users] Help with Digital Sound passthrough Realtek ALC882 (HDA-Intel) with FC5_64

Richard Dale richard at interlink.com.au
Thu Nov 16 02:58:37 UTC 2006

Hi Gene,

I'd be interested to know if you solve this problem.

I have a Gigabyte board with the same sound chip onboard and had similar
issues.  I was once able to get digital sound (eg DD 5.1) through on it but
it never stayed after a reboot and I was unable to replicate the previous
steps I took to get it.

So, I suspect an ALSA problem.

Cheers,
Richard.