[mythtv-users] mytharchive and interlaced files

Richard Freeman r-mythtv at thefreemanclan.net
Thu Nov 16 03:47:51 UTC 2006

Jim Gifford wrote:
> Adam Hirsch wrote:
>> I'm seeing the same issue on recordings from my PVR-250.  They look fine if
>> I play them back via mythtv, but if I burn them to a DVD using MythArchive
>> and play them on my DVD player, they look horrendously, weirdly
>> over-interlaced.
>>
>> Anyone else seen this or know how it might be tweaked?
>>
> I get the same thing. Do we really need to transcode this files again
> since they are in MPEG-2 format already, or can the files be written as
> is? On the DVD see heavy pixel action and it's blurry.

I am also having this issue on files recorded from a PVR-500.

My files aren't quite DVD-compliant and I get artifacts and a zoomed
image if I try to just burn the file direct without transcoding.

This is with 11671 of mytharchive.

Now, the entire video isn't jumpy - just various parts of it.  It
probably is getting the fields mixed up when scenes change or something
like that.

Anybody figure out a way to fix the interlacing?