[mythtv-users] Which TV connector type?

Jan Vilhuber jan at vilhuber.com
Thu Nov 16 17:43:19 UTC 2006

One possible word of caution: My TV says that I MUST connect a PC to
the PC-DVI input. But there, I loose a lot of picture-tuning
functionality. They claim I can NOT connect my PC to HDMI, though
neither the manual nor the tech support guy I talked to would
elaborate on why (the tech guy said the TV wouldn't even recognize
the PC, as the signals were different, which sounds weird).

I'm going to try it anyway (once my DVI-HDMI adapter gets here), in
the hopes that neither the TV nor the mytv-box will asplode. I just
can't get the picture to look as nice as coming from a DVD player
into HDMI, nor cable content.

The TV is a mitsubishi 1080p DLP (wd-57731).
jan