[mythtv-users] which PXE/NFS distro to choose for EPIA SP 8000

Mark Hetherington mark at hethos.org
Thu Nov 16 20:42:08 UTC 2006

On Thursday 16 November 2006 20:49, Tomica Crnek wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I am building the frontend system using EPIA SP 8000 board and I would
> like to get some suggestions regarding which distribution to use on it.
> I want to use PXE boot with NFS root file system. If anyone can suggest
> something, I will appreciate it.
>
> Regards!
> Tomica

I currently have a debian etch installation that I PXE boot on my work laptop.
It works pretty well, in fact I think the boot times are better because the
laptop hard drive is slower than reading the data across the network. I'm
planning to get an EPIA machine and running minimyth in the future (my
current hardware does not support minimyth), and I guess at that point I'll
see how the "pre-canned" minimyth solution stacks up. I imagine it's
advantages in boot speed/size will probably outweigh the advantages of having
a full suite of packages installed for flexibility.

Mark