[mythtv-users] mythweb causes backend memory leak

mike chan ixxigt3 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 07:08:13 UTC 2006

I'm hoping someone can help fix a strange issue I have with Mythweb.

Until recently, when i view my list of recorded programs via mythweb,
mythbackend starts using all the RAM in my machine.

In the space of 30 seconds it will take 1.8Gb of RAM and bring the
machine to a snails pace.  Once i restart the backend process
everything is fine again.

I recently imported a recording from a previous install and suspect it
maybe a database related issue, but am unsure what is causing the
problem and what to try.

I'm using atrpms on a fc5 box
backend 0.20.144
mythweb 0.20.90

Can anyone provide any tips that may help?

Thanks Mike