[mythtv-users] HDTV success

Yan Seiner yan at seiner.com
Fri Nov 17 17:20:27 UTC 2006

Mark Chang wrote:

>Just wanted to report out since this list has helped me so much.
>
>Short story:
>Myth + HDTV + Remote + LCD == Happiness.
>
>Long story:
>System: Dell E521, Athlon64 3200+, 512MB, 80G
>Tuner: HDHomeRun
>Video: XFX 6200TC w/128MB
>OS: Ubuntu Edgy
>
>* Installed Ubuntu Server AMD 64 w/LCD monitor
>* installed binary nvidia xorg drivers
>* installed mythtv as per the Ubuntu wiki
>* brought up the HDHomeRun as per their forum posts (after a firmware update)
>* no xvmc, simple deinterlacing with kernel (not bob)
>* put in the xmltvids into all channels I get OTA
>* hooked up DVI to Sharp Aquos TV
>* simply used a 1280x768 setting and turned on dot/dot and voila,
>we're running great
>* hdhomerun's IR receiver over UDP to myth with a Tivo series 2 remote
>works great
>
>recorded some programs tonight and watched a dvd.
>
>so awesome. i am in awe.

Which Sharp Aquos?

I did a mighty battle with mine to get it to sync on anything...
Finally came up with a modeline that worked.  Sharp, of course, was
totaly unhelpful - basically, in spite of showing in the manual how to
connect it to a PC, their tech support claims this is 'unsupported' and
won't help at all...  I am so pissed at Sharp about this...

Anyway, what setup/modeline and what model of Sharp do you have?

--Yan