[mythtv-users] Serial control of RCA DirecTV box -- should I bother?

H P Ladds householdwords at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 19:20:22 UTC 2006

On 11/17/06, Rich West <Rich.West at wesmo.com> wrote:

> I've got the DRD435RH and it works.

Yes, I'd definitively would like to use serial if at all possible. However,
unlike the DRD435RH, my DRD235RB is not listed as compatible with the
script.
http://www.dtvcontrol.com/index.aspx?content=compat
.<http://www.dtvcontrol.com/index.aspx?content=compat>Then again -- it
is not listed as a "no" either. The website's table
provides a "?" in reference to "compatible."

What is most enticing about my RCA box is that it has an actual 9 pin serial
port and the RJ 11 connection. <Sigh> I don't think either will work
however.