[mythtv-users] Record >1 channel per multiplex?

Rene Bartsch ML at Bartschnet.de
Fri Nov 17 23:39:38 UTC 2006

> Rev Simon Rumble wrote:
>
>> It's not enormously useful in Australia, where the government chose to
>> ban multi-channeling for most of the station owners.
>
> Why on earth did they do such an idiotic decision ?
> Do they still believe one-transmitter/one-channel theory ?
> Is earth flat ?

Obviously you can literalize "down under" ;-)

In my opinion the lack of TS-/multiplex recording is quite a drawback
compared with VDR. Why waste four DVB tuners when it can be done by one?

Just copy VDR. Catch the TS from the DVB device and remux it ... or talk
to the kernel guys to extend the DVB-API version 3 to allow to open the
dvr device several times (some kind of non-blocking mode).

Renne