[mythtv-users] continuing RS/6000 discussion

Kathy Bohrer kathy.bohrer at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 18 02:22:01 UTC 2006

David wrote:

[1] And the backend needs a tuner.
[2] I'd look at work but ours are a few years old and I spend enough
time
on the horror that is the ibm website at work to start looking there
from
home to find out.
[3] They're no longer pSeries, they're been rebranded to System p

  Well, I was looking at old systems, from around 2001. They have PCI slots, but no PCI Express. However, they have nice graphics cards with Linux drivers made by IBM.

  Anyway, I don't think I want the headaches of dealing with byte swapping problems, etc. on my first attempt to run MythTV. I'll go ahead and build an Intel system.

  Thanks,
  - Kathy