[mythtv-users] DataDirect data incomplete?

Robert Tsai mythtv at tsaiberspace.net
Sat Nov 18 06:28:29 UTC 2006

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 01:47:13PM -0800, Yeechang Lee wrote:
> Tim Scholl <tascholl at gmail.com> says:
> > I noticed the same problem with the OTA channel listings.  Now
> > they just show one channel number instead of the 18_1, 56_1
> > entrys.
>
> In other words, Zap2It is now using the ATSC channels/transport
> numbers. This is a good thing, even if handled ungracefully, because
> it removes (what was for me a maddening cause of) inconsistency
> between what mythtv-setup talks about and what Zap2It and AntennaWeb
> talked about when I was setting OTA up.

> I did notice that, after doing this, many of the "freqid" values at
> the "MythWeb channel info" page for the just-restored OTA channels
> were missing, so I put them back in, using the figures from the
> lineup-details page at labs.zap2it.com.

I seem to have lost all my xmltvid values in the "channel" table. Are
they important? I seem to have my listings back, so things seem OK,
but I know they I used to have xmltvid values (possibly downloaded
from DataDirect?).

Is it normal to be lacking xmltvid values when fetching listings via
DataDirect?

--Rob