[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

David Whyte david.whyte at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 06:47:20 UTC 2006

On 11/18/06, Brad DerManouelian <myth at dermanouelian.com> wrote:
> On Nov 17, 2006, at 9:52 AM, Viitasaari wrote:
> > After actually using it I realized that it takes 2-3 seconds of
> > garbled
> > presentation for a channel change.
>
> I don't get "garbled presentation". Just a pause until the buffer has
> enough to continue showing the channel it just changed to.

I don't get garbeled presentation either, just the pause.  Given that
I sometimes use a slow connection between the BE and FE, that pause is
for a few seconds or more, so I often thought it would be good to have
a screen (whose style is driven by whatever theme is in use) that
shows some kind of 'working' animation, like a spinning ball/cube or
progress bar.

I think that would be very presentable :)

Cheers,
Whytey