[mythtv-users] MythTv Player 0.2 for Windows

Mikkel Stensgaard mikkel at sudu.dk
Sat Nov 18 08:41:18 UTC 2006

mythtv at shelfspace.com wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Nov 2006, Mikkel Bystrup Stensgaard wrote:
>

>> Hi fellow MythTv users.
>>
>> After a lot of feedback from helpful users and bug fixing, "MythTv Player"
>> seems to be rather stable and I just upload the first 0.2 "stable" release to
>> the webpage.
>> http://www.sudu.dk/mythtvplayer/
>>

> So, I've tried to create a config.xml file that will work...but have
> been unsuccessful.  :(  Can someone post a file (or a URL) to a
> sample, working config.xml file?  And would it be too hard to include
> it with the .zip file?
>
> Thanks,
> mark

First time you run the player it creates the config file with the
default values. Edit it with your favorite text-editor (e.g notepad) and
look for "<HostName></HostName>" .. Insert your hostname. My backend is
192.168.0.2, so it will look like
"<HostName>192.168.0.2</HostName>"

It would not be hard to include it in the zip;), but it is automatically
created so there is no reason. The reason that it is not there, is that
you would overwrite your configuration whenever you installed a new version.

\Mikkel

\Mikkel