[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Sat Nov 18 21:29:49 UTC 2006

On Saturday 18 November 2006 21:46, Paul Bender wrote:
> Marco Nelissen wrote:
> > Sigh... Just because there is ONE THING tivo does better, we should
> > just go back to tivo instead of pointing out that mythtv has a
> > performance problem for some people? Why are people so damn defense
> > about mythtv?
>
> The MythTV developers have done a lot of work to improve the channel
> surfing performance of MythTV over the last few releases. Now, channel
> surfing works well for them and many others. After all this work, people
> are repeating an already made complaint about how they want their
> channel surfing improved. Like most of the previous complainers, the
> people but have not bothered to search the archives or provide any
> information that might help track down the problem that is not seen by
> the developers. Given this, it seems rather obvious to me why some might
> be defensive.
Ok, starting live tv takes 7 seconds, chaning channels 10 seconds.
I'm willing to give extra debug information to anyone who is interested in
solving this.  When 0.20 was released, I tried to found out why this was
taking so long, but I couldn't find an answer.  I think I posted extra
information to this list, but so many people had this problem that I think it
is lost in the archives.  At the end, I just gave up.
I know it can be faster because 0.19 didn't had this problem.

Stef