[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Sat Nov 18 23:30:51 UTC 2006

Viitasaari wrote:
> Well, I have volunteered my services for helping to develop
> MythTV...hopefully someone there will see my point of view.
>
> The sad thing is that I will stop using MythTV as a PVR and hook it into
> the VCR/DVR I/O ports on my A/V receiver where it will see very little
> use.

It sounds like a MythTV style PVR wasn't really what you were looking for.

For me it's different...I thought Live TV was cute, and a nice
troubleshooting aid, but otherwise I never quite saw the point.  To me
the important part of "PVR" is the "R", recording shows automatically so
I can watch them on my schedule instead of the networks'.  When I
occasionally want to watch TV live (maybe to catch CNN to see what's
going on) I usually use tvtime on my other PC, or use the tuner in my
VCR, which is connected to a different set of inputs on my TV projector
so I can use it without disturbing Myth.