[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

Steve Hodge stevehodge at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 00:04:46 UTC 2006

On 11/19/06, Viitasaari <public at viitasaari.ca> wrote:

> I can't help getting political at this point but I need to get one more
> point in.
>
> How does the prevailing attitude on this thread serve the open source
> movement?

I take it you feel you're being discouraged in some way. I don't think
that's the intention - certainly not my intention anyway. We are just
pointing out that the devs simply don't consider this a high priority for
action, for the reasons some of us have listed. This debate has been done to
death multiple times here. No one has yet managed to come up with an
argument that has motivated any of the developers to improve it to your
satisfaction (though it has improved over time). So the fact is that unless
someone comes up with a patch the situation isn't going to change.

I understand that people who use MythTV love it for what it is however,
> if a person comes up with a suggestion which will give MythTV everything
> to gain and nothing to lose then what harm is there in considering it?

It's been considered and none of the developers have chosen to work on it.
Did you really feel you have a right to dictate priorities to the
developers?

Steve