[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Sun Nov 19 02:13:22 UTC 2006

On Nov 18, 2006, at 6:01 PM, Marco Nelissen wrote:

> First of all, I doubt anyone has the exact same version of mythtv I
> have.
> There is just too much stuff that is configurable for that to be
> likely.

Most other people are using it without the delay you're experiencing.
Really. They are.

> Second, since the hardware is perfectly capable of doing fast channel
> changes (other apps do it with this same hardware), I very much doubt
> hardware is the problem.

Other software is not doing what mythtv is doing. Other software is
not buffering to a new file for 2-3 seconds while the channel is
changed. If you can make MythTV skip this buffering while retaining
the same functionality we have all come to expect, please post a patch.

> Finally, if external libraries are the problem, then that means that
> mythtv only works correctly with a very specific set of libraries.

libmyth