[mythtv-users] LiveTV channel switching time

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Sun Nov 19 11:12:27 UTC 2006

On Sunday 19 November 2006 11:03, Dag Nygren wrote:
> Hi,
>
> been following this for some time and as I also was shot down
> for even bringing it up some years ago I believe that saying that
> it doesn't bother most of the people is not necessarily true, they just
> don't bother writing anything about it as there is no room for
> criticism on the list.
>
> So I set up a poll for the shy (and not so shy) people at:
>
> http://micropoll.questionpro.com/akira/MicroPoll?mode=html&id=19713
>
> Just go ahead! At least I then did something....
I have "the livetv" problem.  My backend is rather underpowrerd (P3, 600Mhz),
but that was more then enough for software based tuner card and mythtv 0.19.
Now I have a pvr500 and use mythtv 0.20 and it takes 7 seconds to start
livetv.
Anyway, I have a some new hardware and I'm going to test and upgrade in the
next week to see if I can find the problem.  I will keep the list informed.

Stef