[mythtv-users] DVB-T UK PAL Commercial Detection

Mr. Demeanour mrdemeanour at jackpot.uk.net
Sun Nov 19 13:49:43 UTC 2006

malcolm torrent wrote:
> Dear All, I've been experimenting with the remove commercials
> scripts. Whilst they all run and generate a cut list, the results
> aren't even remotely close. My setting are the mythtv defaults and
> I'm not sure how they should be tweaked. Can anyone in the UK report
> good commercial detection performance with DVB-T recordings?

I can't.

I've tried both blank frame and logo, as well as "combine" (I'm not sure
what it means to combine them). At first I let Myth skip breaks when
watching recorded material - after all, that's what its there for - but
it failed to skip breaks, and it did skip non-breaks. I now have it set
to notify only.

So far, it has notified me at the start of a real commercial break
exactly once. This may have been a fluke; but if it was, the timing was
extremely accurate. It was set to "blank frame" at the time.

I don't know what "experimental" does, and I haven't tried it.

--
Jack.