[mythtv-users] Setting a channel to prefer a tuner or how to remove static

Tom Lichti tom at redpepperracing.com
Sun Nov 19 14:10:32 UTC 2006

Chris Moewes-Bystrom wrote:
> To answer Tom's probe, both cards are the same, Haupage 150s, now I
> guess they've been made using different chip sets at different time so
> I can't guarantee that are completely the same, but I did buy them
> both from the same place within a month of each other.

After booting, run

dmesg | grep -i tuner

and you should see what IVTV is doing. I wouldn't count on both of the
cards being the same tuner. It's likely, but not guaranteed. If they are
the same, and they are being setup correctly driver wise, it might be
the broadcast type, so I'd check that as well.

Tom