[mythtv-users] MythTV Audio Distortion/Settings

Aaron Jackson yolan at mlug.missouri.edu
Sun Nov 19 18:58:26 UTC 2006

Hi, I'm new to MythTV so please bear with me. I finally got the video
problems I was having worked out. Recording video/watching live tv now
works great without audio. The problem is that now I have two different
problems with my audio.

I have a Hauppage WinTV-dbx 401 card. The card has an onboard audio
capture device. When I set myth up to record /dev/dsp1 (the hauppage
capture device) mythtv distorts the sound. The sound is perfectly in
sync with the video but it sounds like it's over amplified when recorded
and then the volume is reduced to normal levels (real grainy).

The second problem is when I try to get input from the cable to the card.
The onboard capture is mono sound and Iwould like my captures to be in
stereo. For whatever reason I cannot get mythtv to capture the sound from
the aux input. I have a Soundblaster Live Platinum 5.1. The card is
connected internally to the Aux input on the soundblaster card. I can hear
the TV if I unmute the playback channel in Alsamixer, but MythTV doesn't
seem to be getting any audio from the capture input for the Aux part of
the card. This could be some simple configuration issue that I'm
overlooking. I've gone to alsamixer and pressed spacebar on the aux input
on the capture page to set it to Captur, but still no luck.

any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Yolan

* Yolan (Aaron Jackson) yolan at mlug.missouri.edu *
*       http://mlug.missouri.edu/~yolan/        *
*    AIM: YolanLINUX, YolanOTHER, YolanLAPTOP   *
*                 ICQ: 74624109                 *