[mythtv-users] Setting a channel to prefer a tuner or how to remove static

Yeechang Lee ylee at pobox.com
Sun Nov 19 19:48:14 UTC 2006

Chris Moewes-Bystrom <chris.moewes at gmail.com> says:
> I don't see in the article you referenced anything about assigning a
> preferred tuner for a specific channel. Since I have 2 identical
> card using the same lineup, assigning a channel priority doesn't
> really do anything in term of getting it to prefer to record from
> one card or the other.

D'oh! You are right and I am wrong. My apologies for the unwarranted
flippancy.

The message I pointed to *would* work if you were to create a second,
identical lineup (probably with a neighboring zip code to bypass
DataDirect's limit here). Then you could either follow the steps I
outline *or* simply remove the problematic channels from the flaky
tuner's lineup.