[mythtv-users] DVB-T UK PAL Commercial Detection

Julian Edwards myth at julian-edwards.com
Sun Nov 19 22:04:25 UTC 2006

malcolm torrent wrote:
> Please post if you are in the UK and have found any positive results
> with commercial detection.

I find it sometimes works and sometimes doesn't (I have it set to "all"
detection method).  I would say around a 50% success rate.  I did have
one programme on Channel 5 give me a 100% success on all ads once.

I have it set to "notify only" but oddly it will sometimes not notify
the start of a commercial but if I hit the skip button it will find the
end of it very well.

As useful thing to note is that if it skips too far at this point, if
you hit skip back within 5 seconds (I think) it goes back to where it
was viewing before and not the previous commercial point, so you can see
if it works without too much hassle.