[mythtv-users] DVB-T UK PAL Commercial Detection

Leighton Brough brough at baremetalsoft.com
Sun Nov 19 23:58:13 UTC 2006

Phill Edwards wrote:
> It's the same for Australia, but I seem to remember someone saying a
> few weeks ago that some new commercial detection code is being
> written.

For what it's worth, I find the commercial detection works pretty well
for me in Australia (Brisbane). I'd say at worst it correctly detects
50% of commercials and at best (rarely) it detects 100% of them. This no
doubt depends on the shows/channels in question. Certainly I would
rather have it turned on than off, as incorrect skips over content other
than commercials is pretty rare, and it more often than not saves me the
effort of reaching for the remote. I'm using all detection methods.

Leighton