[mythtv-users] Card That Gives The Best Quality Picture?

Armblessed armblessed at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 09:37:38 UTC 2006

Hey there, guys & gals

I've finally gotten my MythTV box running.  It was an epic battle and with
the exception of a stupid question or two (thanks again, Mike! ^_^) , I'm
pretty satisfied with the installation process of MythTV.
Now that I've gotten to use it for a few days, I started to notice the
picture quality of the Haupauge PVR-500 card I have.  I can say that it is
pretty...well... "meh".   Compared to the picture quality of the
backups of my DVDs, the picture this card gives for my cable is simply
underwhelming.  I've heard alot of people talk bad about the picture quality
of the card I've chosen so I know it's not just my cable signal.  That being
said, I loved the challenge of this install so much that I want to build
another MythTV box but I don't really want to end up with the same
less-than-stellar picture quality from my next card I select. Dual tuners
aside, What would this group think would be the card that has the best
picture quality that could replace the functionality of my PVR-500?

Thanks to all the list for the great info here!

-Lionel