[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

Braindead Braindead at diablops.com
Mon Nov 20 13:52:25 UTC 2006

On Sat, 18 Nov 2006 11:26:53 +1300
"Steve Hodge" <stevehodge at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 11/18/06, Viitasaari <public at viitasaari.ca> wrote:
> >
> > I know everyone has their own ideas regarding the definition of a
<snip>
> > User subsequently fast-forwards through the commercials.
> >

> I think this is only the usage pattern for people who are just
> starting to use systems with integrated EPGs like MythTV and Tivo.
> After a matter of weeks or months I expect most users would watch
> very little live and just record everything for latter viewing.
> That's certainly been my experience.

It's odd to see all the folks here who don't watch any live TV... We've been using MythTV for a while (a year perhaps) and still watch live tv.. Fact is there are very few shows we watch on TV anyway, we use live (not through the mythbox..just regular) as it's easier to bounce around the channels and see if there's anything interesting on (usually not).

For us Myth is a super-duper recording device and we don't miss the few shows we enjoy.. Of course we're borderline dump-TV entirely anyway ;-)