[mythtv-users] Freevo, Tivo & MythTV

Kevin Hulse jedi at mishnet.org
Mon Nov 20 14:39:43 UTC 2006

On Fri, Nov 17, 2006 at 05:07:17PM -0600, Dewey Smolka wrote:
> Last time I used 'Live TV' (and the first for over a year) was on
> election night -- I only have one cable box so this was the only way
> without rewiring that I could flip back and forth between MSNBC, CNN,
> C-SPAN, etc.

	Same here. We were watching CNN in our house. Initially,
the LiveTV feed was quite crappy and the wife started giving me
grief about it. As it turned out, the signal we were getting from
CNN was just crap that night. Whereas the Tivo would give up on
the signal occasionally, Myth kept on trying to display what it
was getting (as bad as it was).

	Watching LiveTV with the Myth doesn't seem any more
problematic to me than the experience that you get from various
digital settop boxes.

[deletia]

	It might stand some improvement but there's probably
better things for the developers to spend their time on.